Walk In and Urgent Care
UPDATE: DUE TO COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES, WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING WALK-IN APPOINTMENTS.
WALK-IN HOURS ARE ON HOLD.
What: Patients may be seen without an appointment for urgently needed care.
When: DUE TO COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES, WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTIING WALK-INS. Walk-ins patients are seen on a first-come first served basis.
How: Though we still encourage use of our appointment system for most care, we will now also offer this non-appointment service daily. Patients arriving during the above times may request to be seen without an appointment for walk-in care
Why: We recognize that the need for urgent care is sometimes unpredictable, and hope to be better able to serve your needs in that unexpected situation.
Who: You will be seen by one of the providers of Mt. Airy Family Practice. This service is for established patients only.
- Usual primary care fees and copays will apply.
- On your arrival, the staff will let you know approximately how many other patients have arrived ahead of you and will need to be seen prior to you.
- Examples of symptoms and conditions that may be handled this way include
- Upper respiratory infections, flu and colds.
- Sinusitis, bronchitis, ear infections, headaches, and pink eye.
- Urinary tract infections, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Injuries such as sprains and strains.
- Skin conditions, such as rashes, burns and infections.
- Camp forms, simple driver physicals, and simple job forms.
- Urgently needed prescription refills under certain conditions
- Examples of services NOT provided
- Complete physical exams
- Chronic care management for ongoing conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, asthma, allergies, or chronic pain
- Repair of complex lacerations
- Long-term medication management