ANNOUNCING NEW URGENT CARE SERVICE, EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 4, 2013.
What: Patients may be seen without an appointment for urgently needed care.
When: Weekdays. Arrive 4-6pm Monday to Thursday, and 2-3:30pm on Friday and you will be seen on a first-come first served basis.
How: Though we still encourage use of our appointment system for most care, we will now also offer this non-appointment service daily. Patients arriving during the above times may request to be seen without an appointment for walk-in care that day.
Why: We recognize that the need for urgent care is sometimes unpredictable, and hope to be better able to serve your needs in that unexpected situation.
Who: You will be seen by one of the providers of Mt. Airy Family Practice. This service is for established patients only.
- Usual primary care fees and copays will apply.
- On your arrival, the staff will let you know approximately how many other patients have arrived ahead of you and will need to be seen prior to you.
- Examples of symptoms and conditions that may be handled this way include
- Upper respiratory infections, flu and colds.
- Sinusitis, bronchitis, ear infections, headaches, and pink eye.
- Urinary tract infections, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Injuries such as sprains and strains.
- Skin conditions, such as rashes, burns and infections.
- Camp forms, simple driver physicals, and simple job forms.
- Urgently needed prescription refills under certain conditions
- Examples of services NOT provided
- Complete physical exams
- Chronic care management for ongoing conditions such as diabetes.
- Repair of complex lacerations
- Long-term medication management
Please join us in welcoming our newest provider, Vincent Tyson, Nurse Practitioner
Vincent is a master's educated nurse practitioner who is Board Certified in Adult and Older Adult Primary Care Medicine. He is a graduate of Thomas Jefferson University where he worked in a variety of clinical settings prior to coming to Mt. Airy Family Practice.
He began his career at Jefferson University Hospital in 2006 and has a strong background in surgery and trauma related care.
He has been a resident of Philadelphia since 2006 and is excited about coming to the diverse community of Mt. Airy to establish practice.
He is interested in disease prevention and patient education and wishes to develop ongoing patient relationships. He is available for both urgent and non-urgent care on a daily basis on request.
A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that is involved all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations. They may work in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Generally, nurse practitioners perform the important task of educating patients about preventative care and prescribed treatments. They may also conduct physicals, order tests, prescribe medications, provide referrals and serve as a patient's primary healthcare provider.
PATIENT PORTAL INFORMATION:
Please notice the new patient portal button below. This service is available to any established patient who has received a personal activation code from the office. It allows you to send and receive privacy-protected information (such as test results, emails with the doctors or staff, referral requests, and medication renewal requests), book actual appointments, and see and update elements of your personal medical record. Next time you are in the office request your activation code and try out this enhanced method of communicating with us. You may also call the office to request that we send your activation code to you via the U.S. Mail. If you have not yet activated the patient portal, please do so.
Mt. Airy Family Practice physicians, from left to right: Linda Good, MD, David Lewis, MD, Susan Leath, MD, Thomas Lyon, MD, and Deborah Clarke, MD
We are an independent partnership of five board certified family physicians, dedicated to providing high quality medical care to the community. We enjoy caring for members of the same family as well as individuals of any age. Our primary commitment is to excellence in patient care. We welcome Deborah Clarke, MD as the newest physician member of our practice. She is now accepting appointments. Please read more about her in the "Staff" link on the left hand side of the home page of this website.
Mt. Airy Family Practice is recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Level III (highest level) Patient Centered Medical Home since 2008. We have an ongoing commitment to the medical home principles, which include:
* We are concerned about all aspects of your health, including behavioral health,
and are responsible for helping you coordinate your care across varied settings,
both inside and outside our office.
* We deliver care which is proven by research to be the best care whenever
* We provide support to patients in self-management of health care needs.
* We provide multiple ways in which patients may communicate with us, including
physician appointments, phone, and our web-based patient portal.
* We expect patients to provide a complete medical history and information about
care received outside the practice.
If you have questions about urgent care at Mt. Airy Family Practice , please contact the office directly or ask your primary care provider at your next office visit.